The Brady ISD Board of School Trustees met for their regular meeting on Monday night (Sept. 20) at 6PM at the administration office boardroom. During the public forum period, Alicia Bullard with the Brady Elementary PTO spoke to the board regarding raising funds for new playground equipment at the elementary campus for older kids in grades 3-5. The goal is to raise $60,000 for this project. Along with fundraising, a number of grants will be applied for to help with the cost. She is looking to create a community event fundraiser to ensure better success sometime in March of 2022.
Action Items -
- Approved the minutes for previous meetings from 8/16, 8/25 and 8/27.
- Adopted budget amendments
- Approved resolution regarding extracurricular status of McCulloch County 4-H for the 2021-22 school year.
- Appointment of McCulloch County Extension Agent Cameron Anderson and County Extension Agent Jacque Behrens as adjunct faculty members of Brady ISD for the 2021-22 school year.
- Adopted resolution regarding additional paid sick leave for 2021-22 school year. (10 additional days).
- Approved the purchase of a 77 passenger school bus. $110,953 in Federal funds are being used for purchase. Will be used for an activity bus.
- Approved the purchase of a plasma cutter for the CTE program from Altech Welding Supply for $34,500 (will be used in the welding shop). It will replace a unit that is over 15 years old. ESSER II funding is covering the cost.
- Approved nominations for the McCulloch County Appraisal District Board of Directors. Nominated Matt McBee, Reed Williams and Michael Cook.
Discussion Items - Attendance/COVID-19 Update
Attendance has been about 80% but is trending up into the 90% range in recent days. Remote learning is available only for COVID positive students or students under quarantined (Senate Bill 15).
Campus Reports - Campus administrators discussed various activities that are happening on their respective campuses.
District Reports - Assistant Superintendent Sweaney discussed data driven instruction that is ongoing in the district.
Superintendent’s Report - Dr. Martinez reported that the District's enrollment stands at 980.
The Board adjourned the regular meeting at 7:00PM and went into Executive Session to consider personnel matters.