It was a fairly quick meeting this evening for the Brady City Council as they dealt with a short agenda. Following approval of the minutes from the work session and regular meeting held on June 1, 2021, Council conducted two public hearings concerning two separate zoning cases.
The first public hearing was opened to hear public comment regarding a request by Mark Penland to rezone property at 901 W Beck Ave from Single Family Residential to Manufactured Home District. Tori McGowan, who lives next door to the property in question, spoke in favor of the request citing that it would help to improve the neighborhood. Since there were no other comments, the public hear was closed
The second public hearing was opened to hear public comment regarding a request by Greg and Tina King for a Specific Use Provision to allow for a Community Event Center located at 505 N. Bridge St. (old train depot). Owner Greg King spoke on his plans for reuse of the property and with no further comments, the public hearing was closed.
Following the public hearings, Council moved on to action items.
- 1. Approved the second and final reading of Ordinance 1323 to amend the FY 2021 budget for municipal purposes.
- 2. Approved the first reading of Ordinance 1324 for a zoning change from Single Family Residential to Mobile Home District for property located at 901 W. Beck Ave in the Jendale Subdivision. The Brady Planning & Zoning Commission had voted to recommend approval for the change.
- 3. Approved the first reading of Ordinance 1325 for a Specific Use Provision for a Community Event Center for property located at 505 N Bridge St. in the Fulcher Subdivision. The Brady Planning & Zoning Commission had voted to recommend approval for the Specific Use Provision.
- 4. Approved the purchase of a 2002 jet refueling truck with a 3,000 gallon tank in the amount of $79,000 for use at Curtis Field from Bassco Services in Dallas, TX.
- 5. Approved Resolution 2021-017 to enter into an agreement with Government Capital Corporation to provide financing for the purchase of the jet refueler truck.
- 6. Approved the purchase of 1,500 tons of road base material for street paving and repair at $50 per ton for a total of amount of 119,000 (including delivery) from Vulcan Construction Materials in San Antonio, TX.
With no further business, the regular meeting was adjourned at 6:44PM and Council took a 5 minute recess before convening into Executive Session concerning personnel matters (City Manager Jobe and Chief of Police Thomas).
The Council's next regular meeting will be on July 6 at 6PM in the Municipal Court building.